WHY USE HARMONY
1. The normal mouths cause pain, a hurting horse cannot be relaxed.
2. With the Harmony mouths you will have from quickly a relaxed and ready horse to express the best of if in the several competitions.
3. The normal mouths leave unavoidably a air passage laterally and this can worse provoke to serious problems to the respiration (noise) or still deformation of the trachea with clogging of the aerial ways, type bolsaggine.
4. The horse in freedom maintains to the lips sluices, there is not passage of air in the mouth and the language is retired.
5. With the mouths Harmony series we have intentional to leave the conditions of the free horse almost unchanged. The rosettes, fused with to the thread, close in perfect way the eventual air passage and the detail stirs minimally does not annoy of the closing of the jaws of the movement of the language.
NOTE: The thread Harmony series is covered in stirs siliconica, its duration in mouth to the horse is much inferior to that of a thread in metal. With a small investment you will have an other horse and when your friend understands that he does not have more pain in mouth you of it will be pleasing.
We advise our customers to buy a very precise size of this kind of mouthpieces (washers have to be set in a grazing position as compared to the horse’s mouth) because, due to the wide flexibility of this product, in case one would buy a too large size, the snaffle would undergo a bigger bending process when the horse would be called back, and this would increase the possibility that the horse could catch the snaffle with its teeth and chew it.
We furthermore advise to pay the utmost care when positioning the snaffle onto the horse’s mouth, this too has to be done so as to avoid that the horse would succeed in catching the snaffle with its teeth, and we advise our customers to have a specialized dentist smooth the horse’s first upper and lower molars.
A snaffle has the function to establish a contact between the horse and the rider and it hasn’t got the function of being used as a big handle to be grabbed onto.
Orders to the horse have to be given mostly by means of body movements and not by means of using one’s arms’ strength.
The kind of pressure which is normally applied to a horse’s mouth can vary as from 200-300 g up to 3-4 kg maximum in order to avoid that the mouth itself can be damaged.
The snaffle, I would like to underline, mustn’t be considered as a big handle to be grabbed onto in order to avoid falling off the horse.
In order to make our snaffles so flexible and enjoyable for the horse, we had to use a cable made up of many thin steel wires, which, with the passing of time, will inevitably become worn out and will break.
It is not possible to exactly calculate when this break will occur, since this mostly depends from the rider and from the horse.
We created this type of snaffles for the horses’ well-being, in order to avoid seriously damaging their mouth as it normally occurs with standard metal snaffles or even chains.
In case one wants to use our snaffles, it is necessary to replace them after a certain period of time, which has to be evaluated by the rider himself/herself because, as already mentioned above, it is not possible to establish a precise period of duration, since this is only due to the way the rider uses snaffles.
There are many reasons which can cause a rider to fall off a horse, and in many cases a fall is due to a lack of the rider’s balance on the horse.
Sometimes not only the rider but also the horse will fall, because the rider’s lack of balance will cause a loss of stability as regards the horse itself too.
Balance is most of all due to the position of legs and to the rider’s position on the horse, and this cannot be improved by grabbing onto the snaffle, on the contrary this kind of behavior almost always worsens the situation.